Friday, March 7, 2008

Verb Tenses Tutorial

Verb tenses are tools that English speakers use to express time in their language. You may find that many English tenses do not have direct translations in your language. That is not a problem. By studying this verb tense tutorial, you will learn to think like a native English speaker.


Verb Tense Overview with Examples

Simple Present
I study English every day.
Simple Past
Two years ago, I studied English in England.
Simple Future
If you are having problems, I will help you study English.

Present Continuous
I am studying English now.
Past Continuous
I was studying English when you called yesterday.
Future Continuous
I will be studying English when you arrive tonight.

Present Perfect
I have studied English in several different countries.
Past Perfect
I had studied a little English before I moved to the U.S.
Future Perfect
I will have studied every tense by the time I finish this course.

Present Perfect Continuous
I have been studying English for five years.
Past Perfect Continuous
I had been studying English for five years before I moved to the U.S.
Future Perfect Continuous
I will have been studying English for over two hours by the time you arrive.

0 Comments & Messages :

Contact Us

Your Message :
Your Name :
Email Address :

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Flyers And Posters

Flyers And Posters